• Att vara trogen mitt fosterland, Republiken Polen



  • 13 mars 2018

    General information about visas



    Third-country nationals are allowed to enter Poland and stay there if they are in the possession of one of the following documents:

    • Uniform short-stay Schengen visa (C)
    • Polish long-stay national visa (D)
    • Polish residence permit
    • Residence permit or national long-stay visa issued by another Schengen state.


      Schengen C-type visa


      The unified Schengen visa (C-type visa valid in Schengen states) entitles the holder to stay in the territory of all Schengen states.


      The Schengen visa with limited territorial validity (C-type visa valid only in Poland or with validity excluded for a specified Schengen state/states) only entitles the holder to stay in the territory of the state/states for which it is valid.



      National D-type visa


      If you intend to stay in the territory of Poland for a total of more than 90 days (at least 91 days) during one or more visits within a half-year period calculated from the date of first entry, you need to apply for a national D-type visa.


      The national D-type visa entitles the holder to:
      - stay in the territory of Poland throughout the period of its validity;
      - additionally move within the territory of other Schengen states for up to three months within a half-year period.




      Transit airport visa

      If you intend to travel by air from a third state to another third state with a stopover at an airport in the Schengen area (in the territory of the Republic of Poland) and also:
      (1) you do not intend to leave the international transit area of the airport and
      (2) you hold the citizenship of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sudan or Sri Lanka,
      - you need to apply for an A-type airport transit visa.



      When planning transit through an airport situated in a Schengen state other than Poland, we advise you to directly contact a consulate of the country concerned for visa information.



      The A-type airport transit visa only entitles the holder to stay in the international transit area of the airport (it does not entitle the holder to enter Schengen territory or leave the transit area of the airport).



      How long can I spend in the territory of Poland/Schengen with a C- or D-type visa?


      The duration of stay for foreign nationals in Poland (holders of national D-type visas) or in Schengen territory (holders of unified C-type visas) is indicated in the visa (“duration of stay” expressed in numbers); a stay of this kind is only possible during the validity of the visa (“visa valid from….to….”).







      (source of law: Regulation of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration dated of 2812.2008 on the amount of financial means an alien shall be obliged to possess and documents confirming possesion of such means)



      Upon arrival to the Poland a foreigner who enters the territory of the Republic of Poland must possess and demonstrate upon the request of the competent authority the means necessary to cover the costs of his/her entry into, transit through, stay and departure from Poland as well as permission to enter another Schengen state or to return to his/her country of origin if such permission is required.



      Possession of above mentioned means may be proved by presentation of:
      - Polish or foreign currency which may be legally exchanged in Poland (see rates below);
      - Credit cards or travellers checks;
      - Document enabling the acquisition of such currency in Poland;
      - Official invitation (reffered to in Act on Aliens Art. 15);
      - Confirmation of reservation and payment for accomodation and full board in Poland;



    Entry and stay in Poland up to 3 days

    300,- PLN per day

    (or equivalent in other currencies)

    Entry and stay in Poland for more than 3 days

    100,- PLN per day

    (or equivalent in other currencies)

    Studies, trainings and scientific researchers


    1600,- PLN

    (or equivalent in other currencies)

    for covering costs of accomodation during stay up to 2 months

    Medical treatment


    300,- PLN

    (or equivalent in other currencies)

    per day during 1 month from first arrival to Poland


    Possession of the means necessary to enter and leave Poland may also be proved by presentation of :
    - a ticket valid for travel to the foreigner's country of origin or another country;
    - document proving the possession of a vehicle;
    - confirmation of participation in tourists, sports and youth events;
    - confirmation of payments for hotels, motels etc. during stay in Poland;
    - documentation confirming medical treatment in Poland;





                                                               POLISH NATIONAL VISA



    1. How to apply?


      To apply for a National Polish Visa firstly you have to fill the application form via  (choosing option: register form), print it out, book an appointment and demonstrate documents:

      1.Valid passport. Your passport should be valid for at least three months from the date of the planned departure from Poland or the Schengen area; it should contain at least TWO blank pages; and it should have been issued within the last 10 YEARS;



      2. Valid Swedish residence permit (uppehållstillstånd card) or Valid Swedish visa


      3. Biometric photo - 3,5 x 4,5 cm – passport size and quality clear, clean, colour, printed on high quality paper with white background without any shades. A photograph must be taken no late than 6 months before, the head must be uncovered showing eyes and natural face. The face must take 70%-80% of a photo.



      4. Visa fee – 636 SEK (paid in cash during the meeting at the Consulate)


      5. Proof of travel medical insurance to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during your stay on the territory of Poland. The minimum coverage should be EUR 30 000. The applicant should submit a written confirmation from the insuring company with information about the name of the insured person, territorial validity of the insurance, exact dates and amount of the coverage.


      6. Supplementary documents confirming:

      a) the purpose of the visit: ex.

      - due to work – Polish work permit and work agreement and/or letter from the employer

      - due to study – Confirmation letter from the University

      b) possession of sufficient funds to cover the cost of entry, stay and departure from the territory of Poland (e.g. recent bank statements from the last 3 months). We do not accept cash and/or credit card/saver account statements as a proof of your financial means.)



      Please note that a visa does not guarantee entry to Poland, but allows a foreign citizen coming from abroad to travel to a Polish port of entry and request permission to enter Poland. The Border Protection officials have authority to permit or deny admission to Poland, and determine how long a traveler may stay.


      If you find any further questions please contact us:  






     Please click on the following link to see a list of countries whose nationals may enter Poland without visa:







      This procedure applies to citizens from third countries who travel to a Member State other than the Member State of whose nationality a family member - an EU citizen is or already stay in that country.

    The application for a visa is free of charge. Visa applicants are admitted to the consulate without prior registration.

    An EU citizen is a citizen of an EU Member State, a citizen of a Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - a party of the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), a citizen of the Swiss Confederation.



    A family member of an EU citizen is:


    - a spouse,

    - a child under 21 or such a child of the spouse of an EU citizen,

    - a dependent direct relative in an ascending line or such a relative of the spouse of an EU citizen.




    Visa Requirements:


    - a completed and signed application form for a Schengen or national visa should be submitted by the applicant by hand (filled on );

    - one photograph of passport style and size [35 x 45 mm] 

    - a valid travel document;

    - documents confirming the identity of an EU citizen and the family relationship with the applicant (marriage certificate, birth certificate or other applicable certificates)

    - a proof of travelling to Poland with family member of an EU citizen together (i.e. a written statement issued by an EU citizen).



    Refusal to issue a visa:


    - The entry of the applicant takes place during the period of validity of the entry concerning the person on the list of foreigners whose stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland is undesirable or the stay of that person in the territory of the Republic of Poland may pose a threat to the defense or security of the state or to the protection of public security and public order or public health.


    Refusal is issued in form of decision by a consul. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will review the appeal.

     If you find any further questions please contact



    Legal basis: - ustawa z dnia 14 lipca 2006 r. o wjeździe na terytorium Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej, pobycie oraz wyjeździe z tego terytorium obywateli państw członkowskich Unii Europejskiej i członków ich rodzin (Dz. U. z dnia 11 sierpnia 2006 r. poz. 1525) 

    - ustawa z dnia 12 grudnia 2013 r. o cudzoziemcach (Dz. U. z dnia 30 grudnia 2013 r. poz. 1650 z późn. zm.)

    - ustawa z dnia 25 czerwca 2015 r. prawo konsularne (Dz. U. z dnia 31 sierpnia 2015 r. poz. 1274).


    Print Print Share: